Tip: Subscribe to this blog to get emails of new material.
There are 2 agendas for the week – get a tentative project defined, and discuss teams
- Read the chapter handed out in class on “Identifying Opportunities”.
- Start dreaming/writing ideas of possible: services / unmet needs/ products (all of those ways of framing the problem can be useful). Use the chapter’s methodologies to help you get creative, varied, and potentially good suggestions
- Send an email to Rbohn@ucsd.edu , subject includes hashtag #ucsdstartup as always. List at least 5, with a one sentence or picture description. You may add a second sentence “why this might be a good project for the course” e.g. that you have personal knowledge of the problem domain. Submit by 4pm on Monday.
- Submit assignments in memorandum format. At the bottom of this page, I have summarized my views on how to convey information efficiently.
- We will discuss these in class. Remember that for assignments like this you should always provide some high variance ideas.
- Sketch an answer to Paul’s question: “You wake up in 2050 (or some other distant year). What is your day like?”
On teams: We will give you a link to an interactive exercise on team building. For Wednesday.
Other information: We will shortly redo this web site to create a bulletin board. It’s experimental.